Back to all open
USER INTERFACE/USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN INTERN
- Job Category
- : Design
- Closing Date
- : October 5th, 2022
- : Nairobi
Cytonn Investments is an alternative investment manager, with a captive real estate development capability. Cytonn has a unique strategy of coupling two compelling demand areas - the lack of high yielding investment products and the lack of institutional grade real estate. We distribute high yielding instruments to attract funding from investors, and we deploy that funding to investment grade, well planned and comprehensive real estate developments that are largely pre-sold.
Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, FinTech, and hospitality.
Cytonn Technologies is looking for talented UI/UX designers to join our 12-week internship programme. The interns will be trained on designing mobile and web applications, working in tandem with our creative and development teams. The interns will have the unique opportunity to learn in a real business environment in the context of investment management and real estate in a company led by dynamic and creative executives with worldwide exposure. In addition to technical skills interns learn essential communication and entrepreneurial skills needed to succeed in industry and learn to work in a high efficiency productive environment that guarantees ability to fit in multiple work cultures.
At the end of the internship, successful interns, who exhibit a great attitude, high aptitude, creativity and teamwork will be eligible for full time employment. The successful candidates will have a unique opportunity to participate in both a strong incentive structure and equity ownership plan. Those who do not get hired stand a very high chance of getting absorbed into the job market. Past graduates of this training have moved on to gainful employment. This training gives you an early opportunity to leave a mark in your career that will define your future.
We provide workspace, fast internet, MacBook pro with Retina Display, books, online resources, mentorship and challenge to develop your talent to a sought after skill. Your productivity is driven by your passion and excellent knowledge of your subject. You bring your passion, creativity and aptitude, we sharpen your skills and show you how to learn and lead.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is not targeting software engineers, computer scientists, programmers or web developers. Only designers who spend considerable time working with Photoshop, Illustrator, sketch or equivalent software need to apply.
- Work with the UI and Service Designers to optimise products and services for a range of client touch points
- Conduct user research and usability testing to ensure all designs meet client and user requirements
- Analyse all research and feedback to gain user insight – and incorporate this feedback into new designs
- Assist in the production of wireframes, prototypes, concept sketches, interaction designs and user flows using key tools such as XD, Sketch, Balsamiq and InVision
- Help to create clean and simple user-centred designs
- Work with developers and designers to build user-friendly web and mobile apps
- Develop a design standard and maintain design consistency and coherence across all Cytonn and customer products.
- At least C- in KCSE or Equivalent. Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Design or related training is an added advantage
- Ability to accurately complete detail-oriented work both independently and with others
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with design and research tools (Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, UXPin, Sketch, Balsamiq, and InVision)
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and practices
- Proficient in wire-framing and comfortable producing concept sketches and user flows
- Good working knowledge of HTML and CSS is an added advantage
- Portfolio of design projects
- Passion for entering the world of User Interface and User Experience design of web and mobile applications
- Covid-19 vaccination certificate
Back to all open